This July, we will return to beautiful Mexico for the Veracruz Biomimicry + Design Expedition. Come and immerse yourself in the culture and diverse ecosystems with us! This 11-day expedition is designed for anyone seeking an experiential introduction to biomimicry in a vibrant natural setting. We’ll tap into all five senses as we engage with the world around us.
From those already passionate about nature-inspired design to those who have only recently heard about the promise of biomimicry, we’ll explore ten different ecosystems together (alpine, grassland, conifer forest, desert, volcanic lake, cloud forest, tropical evergreen forest, tropical oak forest, rainforest, and mangroves) in Mexico’s Veracruz State.
Our mission: See life through a new lens. We’ll work our way through the biomimicry methodology to solve a design challenge and have plenty of opportunity for adventure – including hikes, swims, rafting, and even a night walk through the rainforest.
Best of all, this trip is affordable! The early-bird cost of the expedition is $2,450 for professionals and $2,000 for students. This includes all meals and accomodations for the 7-day journey and stay in Veracruz, as well as three nights lodging in Mexico City. Be sure to reserve your spot by March 15 before prices increase. Register at biomimicry.org/veracruz.
This is your chance to experience nature in a new way, adventure to beautiful Mexico, and gain a fundamental understanding of how biomimicry can be applied to your life and work. We’re all searching for solutions — from the climate crisis to nature-deficit disorder. We encourage you to come find your way back home with us in Veracruz.
What you’ll learn:
- The practical application of biomimicry as a design and educational tool
- Examples of biomimicry success stories
- History, philosophy, and ethics of biomimicry
- Biological and ecological principles relevant to design
What you’ll take home:
- A new understanding of the natural world
- A fresh perspective on the work you do — whether in a classroom or a company — and new ways to engage students and colleagues to solve problems creatively
- A new way of viewing and valuing nature
- A sense of hope and possibility
- A new network of nature-inspired and mentored collaborators and tools for further exploration
For more information on the expedition, our world-renowned instructors (who will be bringing 30+ years of biomimicry teaching combined), or to read what past participants have said about the event, please visit biomimicry.org/veracruz.