Nurturing a New Species of Entrepreneur: 2017-2018 Annual Report Released
July 17, 2019
Over the past two years, the staff of the Biomimicry Institute has worked to fulfill our vision of empowering people to create nature-inspired solutions for a healthy planet. We’re excited to share our 2017-2018 Annual Report with you so that you can see the impact we’re having on entrepreneurs, designers, students, and educators.
We’re equipping a new generation of innovators to address the most critical issues of our time by looking to nature to design solutions that give more than they take.
Our Theory of Change
We envision a world in which human design is as good and regenerative as nature itself. Here is how our programs are getting us there.
- Access: Learning nature-inspired design should be accessible to all. That’s why we provide high quality materials and services for learning, teaching, and practicing biomimicry.
- Practice: Biomimicry is a science AND an art that is best learned by doing. We provide a platform for students and entrepreneurs to practice nature-inspired design with real-world applications.
- Support: Around the world, researchers and entrepreneurs are creating sustainable innovations. We help them with mentorship, connections, prize money, and by telling their stories. These stories shift our culture.
In just two short years, we launched the Biomimicry Youth Design Challenge that has already impacted 4,000 kids in the US and around the world, we engaged more than 600 entrepreneurs in the Biomimicry Global Design Challenge and Launchpad, and had more than 1 million visitors to AskNature.
We will use the information to be in touch with you via email. You can change your mind at any time by clicking the unsubscribe link in the footer of any message you receive from us. Learn more about our privacy practices here.
Support the Next Generation
of Nature-Inspired Innovators
Imagine a world where everything we make is inspired by the natural world. By supporting the Biomimicry Institute you:
- Help bring biomimicry education to more students and educators
- Accelerate the growth of more nature-inspired startups and entrepreneurs
- Increase the number of biological strategies and resources on AskNature.org and across our entire organization.